The 921 Center Expansion Plan
We are able to provide incredible services to families, and with a new center, we could be conveniently located near the Reading Intermediate School and High School with room to serve even more individuals and families.
Mercy CCPC located at 105 South Fifth Street, will CONTINUE to serve individuals and families in need. Mercy’s 921 Center, to be opened at the 921 / 923 Walnut Street building, will be a SECOND location.
The remodeling process for this facility has been delayed based on the decision to be good stewards. The financial foundation of Mercy, located at 105 S. Fifth Street, must be solid PRIOR to taking on the task and responsibility of renovations, and opening a second facility.
The PRIMARY FOCUS of Mercy’s 921 Center will be offering clients Life Skills Classes.
In addition the 921 Center will also provide:
- Free Self-Administered Pregnancy Tests
- Confidential Volunteer Peer Counseling
- Education – Prenatal, Parenting, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Abstinence
- Referrals – Prenatal/Medical Care, Church, Adoption, Professional Counseling, Housing, Maternity Home, Food, etc.
Budgeting basics to give the family a hand up.
Making and training disciples.
Basic computer training to help with employment.
Parenting skills and techniques for healthy families.
Cooking skills for healthy eating.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Faith & Financial Support
- Prayers, volunteers and local support help our ministry grow.
- Our goal of $325,000 will allow us to remodel the 921 Center to provide a safe, nurturing environment for families in need. Please thoughtfully consider giving time, prayer and resources to Mercy Ministries. An estimated annual budget is $80,000.
- If 325 individuals/families would each contribute $1,000 (payable in 10 months).
- If those same individuals/families would each commit to an on-going monthly donation of $35, the annual budget would be met.
- Contributions to the 921 Center would need to be above or in addition to any contributions/financial support given to Mercy currently.
$10 minimum donation when donating via credit card.
When donating to the 921 Center, enter 921 Center in the field labeled “Company Name”
Thank you for your support!
"You gave me and my daughter help and hope. Thank you."
~ Jenna, A Mercy client